Information standards underpin national initiatives from the Department of Health, Care Quality Commission and other national organisations. They provide a shortcut to implementing the IT components of these initiatives.
- Sign up for the ISB distribution list to ensure you are informed of new standards.
- Register for TRUD so you can download the files that support many information standards.
- Read about how to use standards.
- Check out data.gov.uk as a rich source of structured data
- Ensure that existing standards listed in the library are implemented in your systems. Standards baselines can help you identify which standards to use.
- Prepare to implement standards in development.
- When selling IT systems state your compliance with standards and update your system where these standards change. The Standards Enforcement in Procurement (STEP) tool can help with this.